This year has brought success to Bridgeport and the Bridgeport Arts + Cultural Council through your generous support. We ask you to please contribute to the BACC’s Annual Appeal so we may continue to build a thriving creative environment to the benefit of a revitalized Bridgeport.
The BACC’s advocacy of the arts has fostered cultural development and led the initiative to re-image and promote Bridgeport to spark and sustain economic growth through arts and culture:
- Creative Placemaking initiatives: spearhead B2 (B-Squared) programs on the second Thursday of each month and City Canvases events in partnership with City of Bridgeport, Downtown Special Services District and Cultural Alliance of Fairfield County thanks to grants from CT Department Economic and Community Development.
- Mayor’s Neighborhood Arts & Heritage Grants: funded by the Mayor’s Office and administered by the BACC, provide financial support for arts and heritage projects and underserved individuals and organizations. The Spring and Fall 2011 and 2012 grants were awarded to 24 individuals and 25 arts organizations.
- Artists and organization events: organize exhibitions, Brown Bag Lunches, performances, welcome center and central meeting place in Bridgeport’s downtown Arcade.
- Umbrella marketing of Bridgeport’s artists and cultural organizations: champion BACC arts and cultural constituents through website, highlighting Artist of the Month and programs, FACEBOOK, emails, display of posters and literature.
- City events: collaborate on Arts Fest, What’s Cooking, and ArtTrail.
With your help, 2013 promises to shine bright for the arts and culture in Bridgeport.
With renewed thanks and best wishes,
Anne Pappas Phillips
Board of Directors, Chair
Marianne Brunson Frisch